Monday, October 16, 2017

Frankenstein Analysis

I enjoyed reading Frankenstein because I love the themes it presents, how obssession and Victor's avoidance of taking action/responsibity causes the destruction of everyone in his life. The Monster, is the absolute payment of Victor's experimentations and reluctance to take responsibility for creating him. As I read this I noticed how Victor kept running and avoiding the problems he himself created, and almost immediately dire consequences followed suite. It seemed like as The Monster became more educated, gaining knowledge about how he came to be; I thought those were the things that built up his resentment towards Victor, and then the events that unfolded while with the DeLaceys' ignited his quest to destroy Victor's life. In the end, what I got from this story was that Victor was not only obsessed but also a coward; although he was certainly ready to die in mortal combat with the creature, he could not confront himself for causing the deaths of those who loved him. There are obviously other elements in the story to be discussed, but his cowardice is what triggered the most emotions from me after reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment