Sunday, December 10, 2017

The Future

        The Future and speculation

       I do my best to hold back the thought of speculating my own future, or at least trying to look too far into it; becuase there are so many variables that I can not see or even come to mind. The mind tends to go to dark places very easily as well, so that is another reason why I do not do this. However, that can not stop me for prepping for short term goals, which lead to thoughts of a future 10, 30, 50 years down especially when asked to write down those thoughts. I imagine that throughout all these times in the future, I will still be drawing and painting with traditional media, while experimenting with any new ways to make art, as long as my heart holds out, I have no idea how extreme painting will be 50 years from now but I can just imagine something with lasers and mind control. Speaking on how my career may be, I would feel blessed just to be able to make a living doing art and design, I do not have any specific places where I would like to work, but I do want to live in Washington State. The state of technology is such a crazy mystery, the thought of its advancements in the future already make me feel old, such as implanting cybernetics in our bodies to send, recieve and process data, something that I would be scared to do to myself, and already in my mind I know that generation will heckle me because of that. I do not think that this advancement is bad, but rather I believe that there are people who will find a way to use technology for bad things. I think my 80 year old self would tell me now, to keep on having an open mind, never think in extremes, and to continue to hope for the best and prep for the worst. This is something that I have done since being an Asian going to schools in LA that are predominantly Mexican, and has been rewarding my whole life, an open mind helps bring in more empathic frame of mind, and I want to try to continue this as tachnology advances.

No comments:

Post a Comment